* Project Selection for 2024 will be posted in October 2023, and the information below is for reference purposes only *
How to apply:
1) Project Selection: Students applying for a DTP-MR studentship will need to select from a list available projects. (Applicants may wish to review all themes, as there maybe some projects at the interface of several themes)
2) Eligibility – before starting the application, please ensure you are eligible to apply for admission
- Academic requirements: At least a 2:1 Honours degree from a UK university or equivalent in a related topic.
If your degree is not from the UK, please check International Qualifications to find the equivalent in your country.
- English language requirements: The University requires a high level of proficiency in English. For details, click here http://www.graduate.study.cam.ac.uk/international-students/competence-english/will-i-have-language-requirement
- Residence Eligibility: UK students will be eligible for a full studentship, covering the costs of Home fees.
The DTP-MR will be able to offer a limited number of studentships to international students, (EU and non-EU), with funding to cover both fees and a stipend to support living costs. Further information on how your fee status is determined can be found here: https://www.postgraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/finance/fees/what-my-fee-status
- References: Two outstanding references, (we advise that you request these well in advance of the application deadline)
4) Funding section: Please tick “Yes”, in the box ‘Do you wish to Apply for Funding”, as this automatically enters your application into the main funding competition, which includes being considered for an DTP-MR studentship. All the DTP-MR studentships are fully funded, so there is no need to apply for any additional funding, unless you also wish to be considered by other funders, such as Gates, or Harding.
These some funds may require additional information from you in order to be considered. Please note that though many of these will have the same deadline as the course funding deadline (05-Dec-2023), some may be earlier or later. Further details on funding can be found here: https://www.postgraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/funding/how-apply-funding
5) Research Section: Please tick “no” for the Research Section, as you are not required to provide a full research proposal. Instead, you may select up to three different projects as part of your application. Please indicate these in priority order, quoting the project title(s) under the Project section, of the Course Specific Questions.
6) Other Information Section: Please use this section to provide any additional information that you would like considered as part of your application.
7) Separate Departmental Applications: Applicants are strongly advised that in addition to applying to the DTP-MR Programme, that they also make a separate application for a place direct with the relevant Department (also selecting ‘Yes’ to the funding question on the ‘How to apply for Funding’ page). By doing so you will automatically be considered for a place and funding via the Department should you not be awarded a studentship with the DTP-MR.
Cambridge Trust & Gates Cambridge Pages: Similarly for your departmental applications we encourage you to complete the Cambridge Trust and Gates Cambridge sections so that you are eligible for as many sources of PhD funding as possible beyond the DTP (be aware that earlier deadlines may apply).
Please be aware that application attachments may vary by course (for example some will request a CV and/or research proposal); please provide all information requested by the course(s) for which you would like to be considered, and ensure that you follow the instructions regarding funding for your separate departmental application(s).
Application Fee and Fee Waiver Scheme: There is no fee to apply, for details please see here: Application fee | Postgraduate Admissions (cam.ac.uk)
A) Announcement: Applications open 18th October 2023.
The final deadline/closing date for applications is 12:00 pm (noon) GMT, Tuesday 5th December 2023. All supporting documentation including references must be submitted by this date.
It is anticipated that interviews will be held online the week of 22nd January 2024.
Initial offers will be communicated starting in mid February 2024.
If you have any questions, please contact the DTP Postgraduate Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org